View Poll Results: EULA's Do ya'h read them?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offcourse, I read everyword before installing!

2 33.33%
  • No, never read them. Why read when i can install that app

2 33.33%
  • Occassionally, if it is from a product I don't know!

2 33.33%
  • What is a EULA?

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AO features that you use

AO Senior Cow-beller

AO features that you use

Hi folks. I'd like to get some insight into which features are being used and how. Everyone uses AO a little differently, I suspect, and I'm curious of what we appreciate and why.

Please note, this is *not* a bitch thread, to complain about things or wish for changes and ask for features. You can do that elsewhere. Simply put, I'd like to know what you currently use, and why or how it makes your experience at AO better/easier/less agravating.

--EDIT--

I chose the following:
    -Private Messages (or PM's)
    -AntiPoint system
    -Index/portal customization (main page display)
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I chose the same ones as you, as they are the only features that I use on a regular basis.

Well I use search a lot too, but what message board would be complete without a search function?

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Same as you.. lmao. The bottom three I don't use..
    Space For Rent.. =]

I used the journal a long time ago, so I checked that. I haven't made an entry in a long time.

Otherwise, the PM's to talke privately and APs to send quick positive or negative response.

Haven't experimented with the customization of the portal, didn't know about the notepad and never quite got what the bookmarks do.

I find myself using the site NotePad a fair bit, just type in random things i think of while reading threads etc.
    i've got a few snippets of funky code that i made up while drunk once. still need to compile it and see if it does anything.

also the Ap system, it comes in handy if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to the thread, you can just send some Ap's with a comment.

And the Pm system is brilliant, i've had some fantastic conversation's with a few members here. plus it comes in handy if you need to share information off the board.

cheers
    front2back

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Zen, I just added Conference Rooms to the poll.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO Senior Cow-beller
    D'oh!

Thanx MsM. I [em]thought[/em] I was forgetting something...
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Same as all it seems..

-Private Messages (For some quick info when I know who to ask)
    -AntiPoint system (Obviously)
    -Index/portal customization (Show all)
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Primarily PMs, Bookmarks and APs. I keep MS Word open with Check Spell and Grammar on, and almost always cut and paste any large responses.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

I seem to use the same as most people here do.
    1. PM's
    2. AP's
    3. Index/portal customization

I have tried the bookmarks, but once I set a couple, never went back to them.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown